I believe this vision for Kins Domains is a solution to help heal people and our planet.”
veterans village kins community
Veterans Village Kins Community
The Veterans Village KIns Community concept differs from the eco-village model because it consists of multiple independent family “Kins Domains” that are self-sufficient. A Kins Domain is 1 hectare (approx. 2.5 acres) of land that is owned by families or individuals.
Each Kins Domain is surrounded by a living fence, which serves as an aesthetic boundary marker rather than a barrier. There is also 1 acre allocated to grow hemp, a pond, an organic garden, natural beehives, a family tree for future generations, and a sustainable house. With multiple Kins Domains within the community, this creates a type of urban development that’s a blend between city and nature.
Bruce Perlowin's Vision
The First Kins Community Prototype
Staggering Numbers About American Veterans:
- To date, 40% of America’s homeless are veterans.
- 12% of homeless veterans are combat woman with children.
- 22 veterans commit suicide EVERY DAY.
- 2 million veterans are on food stamps.
- 238,000 veterans are leaving the armed services every year (according to Dannion Brinkley, Chairman of the Twilight Brigade).
Back To The Farm Model
- Final site-plan blueprints for the 500-acre site have been completed.
- The first dome is complete, and 6 more are being completed this year (2019)
- In the final stages of completing the necessary infrastructure to support an off-grid, renewable, energy system.
- Some solar equipment has been installed and we expect to complete the solar power operation for the community this year (2019).
- 1,000 trees have been planted on 36 acres, with plans for an additional 1,000 trees.
- 16 overnight RV sites are under construction.
- Six 40’×40’ organic vegetable gardens are already in use for seasonal planting.
- Greenhouse is in use for starting plants for the garden in the spring.
The Great American Hempathon
Veterans Village Kins Community in partnership with Hemp Inc., announced the second annual Great American Hempathon; a Joint Venture with growers from all over to grow 5-acre parcels. The hemp planting is expected commence July 1st. 100 acres have been already been cleared. Click here for more information on how to participate.